The main role is to undertake Solar PV servicing, fault call outs and repairs administration and other tasks required to assist the projects team including installation of solar panels and panel cleaning as required and to fill the schedule.
The role detail includes
- Solar PV system Servicing and Maintenance – Annual services and interim inspection as per iAuditor schedules including downloading logs from inverters and firmware updates to a schedule and meeting the timescales given
- Fault call outs and diagnostics from resetting a breaker, testing strings, replacing AC and DC isolators and checking through to connection point. It may include accessing the roof via lifter in an agreed safe manner to carry out repairs to connectors, cabling including lifting and replacing panels.
- Carrying out repairs to systems – Roof based works with others, AC and DC cabling reworks, lifting and replacing inverters (with another person when required)
- When required working with our installation teams to carry out both mechanical and electrical works. This will involve both installing electrical switchgear, DC cabling to inverters from roof, installing MC4 connectors, installing solar panels and carrying them to locations. Carrying out the installation of SWA cable of varying sizes from 2.5mm2 to 185mm2
- When required assist in carrying out solar Panel Cleaning using either Robot or pole cleaning method. This will be working alongside the main operative.
- Keeping the Field Service app updated in real time for your duties
- Excellent organisation skills
- Liaise with customers when on site following a service to advise if any works need to done and being able to explain the reasons and represent BeBa in a professional and honest manner
- Ensuring all Health & Safety policy is adhered too.
- Ensure that all accidents and Near Misses are reported to Senior Management
- Maintaining the company provided vehicle in a tidy and safe manner, ensuring that weekly checklist completed, and all equipment is treated with respect and is looked after
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Friendly, enthusiastic and a good team player
- Good IT skills – Understandings of IP address, machine protocols desirable
- Able to use Apps on tablets such as iAuditor and field services app to manage and report on works through the defined templates
- 18th Edition Regulations (or Equivalent)
- Strong fault findings skills with the ability to adapt and successfully multitask
- Able to manage changes within the schedule due to fault call outs etc
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with internal team and customers
- Efficiency, accuracy, attention to detail
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative
- Aptitude to work without direct supervision
- Physically fit and able to work at height
- IPAF 3A and 3B experienced (Training if required)